Friday, July 6, 2012

Fashion Truck

Forget food trucks that have taken over the downtown LA scene these past couple of years...check out the up and coming trend that's SO much better...Fashion Trucks! I want one! The event I hit up last week with my co-workers was too fun (except the heat factor...I hate when my bangs stick to my forehead) ...the downtown parking lot across from FIDM was full of individual artists and designers (including FIDM alumni) who displayed a wide variety of pieces...from vintage to high-end styles, swimwear, casual wear, evening wear...it was all there at wholesale and discounted prices. Score.
My favorite truck, and brand, coincidentally, was JD Luxe which was started by one of 'our' FIDM alumni...check out the cute website here! The clothing is chic and laid back so-cal style...right up my alley. (pictured above; below are the 2 gals who started JD Luxe, along with the following pictures showing the stylish merchandising displays inside and outside their fashion-mobile...)

Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn were spying on us....creepy.
Meet Sonny Ray, the pit bull who chills in sunglasses, who is becoming a celebrity dog through helping and healing others....read the creative and inspiring story of Dogumantry HERE!


2 comments:

  1. That looks so cool! I first heard of fashion trucks last year from an article in a magazine. I love some of the pieces in the one truck you photographed. That jewel and feather statement necklace is so pretty!! Hope you have a great weekend! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like an awesome day :
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete