Monday, April 11, 2011

1 Sol

Jenny Pyle is not only the Head Designer/creative mind behind 1 Sol Swimwear in Los Angeles, but also happens to be a friend of mine :)
She was kind enough to take the time and offer her thoughts to a few of my questions on swimwear trends/tips this season!
Who is the 1 Sol woman? 
  • We are a TRUE contemporary line for fashionably active women ages 25-45. We have sexy silhouettes that have a wide range of coverage but the main thing you will see consistently throughout the collection is it’s fashionable styling and quality of fit. 
What are your suggestions to look for when shopping for a swim suit that fits your body type?
    • 1st thing is to know your body. (I am very petite so I stay away from things that have too many horizontal seams or lines. It breaks up my body and makes me look short).
    Jenny: "A couple examples of swimsuit no no’s would be": 
    • Short legs= never wear boy shorts or boy briefs
    • Ruffles= enhance, not camouflage (total myth) if you have narrow hips or small bust ruffles will make you look curvier but not the other way around
    • Shearing = in the tummy is the best way to hide belly bulges
    • Bandeau tops and Halters= are the most universal silhouettes. They contain large chests and push up small ones
    • Full Coverage= isn’t always the best way to go. Pull out your most flattering bra and panties and search for similar things when shopping for swim.
    What colors do you think work best in bathing suits? Inspiration and trends for this season? 
    • I honestly think women are more daring when it comes to swimwear colors. But what works best in my opinion are jewel ones and earth tones. The junior contemporary market is full of brights but for a contemporary women we want complimentary colors that aren’t too loud.
    see the 2011 collection and more from Jenny at 1solswimwear.com
    Did I mention how much I love my 1 Sol suit? (pics to come... once I get a tan.)

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment