Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ruffles, Buckles & Zippers

So I may have been called Mrs. Partridge today by my smart-mouth bff, but I didn't let that ruin my good mood. (Ok, I admit that I died laughing when I googled The Partridge Family to see what she meant). ANYWAY. It's rare when an outfit can have a lot going on, yet be simple at the same time. That was pretty much the case today with my tights, knee socks, pinstriped shorts, woven belt, ruffled turtleneck sweater and zipper jacket...somehow it all worked and I'm pretty sure it's because of the color palette. If I could buy an entire new wardrobe right now, I would invest in mainly black and white pieces....
the trend that will never go out of style. So, Mrs. Partridge who?
(Jacket-St. John Knits (Collection); sweater- Saks Fifth Avenue; shorts-Zara; belt-Paper Doll; shoes-Dolce Vita; sunglasses-Ray Ban)

12 comments:

  1. You look fantastic. I love that ruffled blouse. I also happen to be a massive fan of The Partridge Family, so any similarity is most definitely a good thing, in my opinion!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. me encanta tu blogg, te sigo :), me sigues?
    el mio es: http://repitemequemequieres.blogspot.com
    graciias un besazo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just came across you blog. You have great style!! I love the ruffles on your blouse. PS: your bangs look fab!

    Mandy
    The Klury Report & Kini Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this look! =)

    xoxo

    www.tastemycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny becuase in now way do you look like Mrs. Partridge! :-) Love this outfit!!

    We are new followers and would love for you to visit our blog and follow back if you like.

    Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!! Lovely shirt!!
    http://outfitdeluxe.blogspot.com/2012/01/xxl.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE those ruffles! What a gorgeous outfit! www.casualglamorous.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs partridge...psh. I love this. The short s and the top are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and gorgeous!

    Dasha Gold
    www.thetrendspotter.net
    Follow me if you like my blog ;) I am following you now
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very awesome outfit :)
    Also, thanks for commenting on my blog. I'm following you now, so if you like my blog would you follow me back?

    xxLiora
    lioraatsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love your blouse :)

    xx, thefashionenthusiast1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the first picture :D

    xxxx

    Lily from http://secretsofa-girl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete