Sunday, July 3, 2011

gingerbread tours

I have heard of this famous gingerbread house (aka the witch house) tucked away in beverly hills, but it took my friend visiting me from TX this weekend to finally go check it out. So glad I did...it is straight out of the Hansel and Gretel storybook...and after reading about it's history we also realized it was used in a scene from Clueless, which makes it even totally more awesome :) 
It was built in the early 1920's with the purpose of being used in various horror films - rumor has it that even today a black cat perches on it's rooftop at night time. It seems to be a busy place around Halloween too. I found the house to be more charming than haunting, but I can see how it has an eerieness to it...
After the sight seeing headed to franklin village for window shopping (upcoming July 4th sales!)... and cute patio restaurants...
 What does this dog want?
 break time.
(maxi skirt-BB Dakota-summer collection; Tshirt-hendrix (flea market); flops-rainbow; sunglasses-AJ Morgan; bag-Miu Miu; watch-seiko; cuff-rock band)

4 comments:

  1. that house is awesome! who knew it was in bev hills! love your effortless summer look. Such a score with that tee from a flea market! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what you can find tucked away in the most unexpected places! You look lovely! I especially love the photo with the dog in the background! For a second I thought it was actually a real place! (:

    http://thefashionlatte.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right! The Witch's House really is straight out of the Hansel and Gretel storybook! Absolutely stunning! I also saw this awesome house in a scene from movie 'Clueless'. I've heard that now, it's the residence of a real estate agent called Michael Libow. great tour! thanks for this sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @kim23
    exactly..the real estate guy had it on the market forever and it wouldn't sell - he loved it so much that he ended up buying it!

    ReplyDelete