Tuesday, October 18, 2011

TRANSIT

The TRANSIT LA Shoe Show is happening this week on the top floor of the downtown California Market Center...and I finally had the chance to attend! My co-worker and I took a group of our advanced program footwear design students for a class project including current trends in footwear...and also to give them a taste of how the buying side works in the industry.
TRANSIT showcases hundreds of premier footwear collections from rising labels to established brands. As a primary part of LA Fashion Market, TRANSIT is the primary source for footwear on the West Coast and is shopped by thousands of top retailers.
 Sales Reps from Fossil and Frye took the time to speak with our class about their companies. They discussed things like 'who' the customer is, price points and what trends are hot for Fall and Spring...
 So even though I'm not a student I'll still give my trend report....briefly. Here it goes: Buckles, wooden platforms, studs, PRINTS (a lot of native/tribal) nude and blush tones for the most popular color, square clunky heels, flats with fringe, loafers, color blocking, wedges and the ankle bootie is here to stay :)
 Great show, great group of students....great day :)
(the only unfortunate part was me forgetting my canon camera and having to use a camera phone....
hate when I do that.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment