Thursday, May 10, 2012

Carnival Snapshots

Every year, FIDM, the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (aka where I work) throws a carnival party in Grand Hope Park to celebrate and congratulate our upcoming graduates. It's always a fun day with everyone in high spirits - I love seeing the street style fashion of our students the most...it's rare to get them all in one place (usually they're running around between classes) so this makes for a great opportunity of concentrated style watching!  The shish kabobs, popcorn stands and ice cream trucks aren't too bad either...but I still have yet to try the mechanical bull.
Unfortunately this year I could only do a quick walk through (prior obligations:/) but I snapped some shots of the action using instagram...mostly because it's new to the android phone and I'm still obsessed with all the options. Just trying to catch up with all those I-phone people, I have always been a step behind when it comes to technology!








3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a very fun event, to celebrate for the students!! Really cool pics, thanks for sharing!:)

    check out my new post
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha a mechanical bull!! I bet there is a lot of style watching at a FIDM event! Looks like fun! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this pictures. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete