Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wren

 Wren Spring 2012 Collection Directed by Gia Coppola; Creative Directed by Leith Clark 
(Lula Magazine)
 
Not only do I like the quirkiness of this video (feathuring the Wren clothing line), but I still trip out that Gia Coppola was my neighbor last year, living upstairs from me in my West Hollywood spanish 4-plex apartment. I think she moved to NY permanently from there rather than continuing to do the bi-coastal thing. Who knows. The weirdest part was, 2 years prior to being neighbors with Gia, I had interviewed for a position as a personal assistant to her mother, costume designer Jacqui de la Fontaine, when I first moved to L.A. It was such a cool opportunity but I ended up taking my current job at FIDM instead! Anyway, Gia was always very friendly and stylish...such amazing family history with the Coppola family (Francis Ford Coppola - hello!)...it's no wonder she has that inherit creative nature, especially when it comes to directing.

Back to the clothing: Read the Spanish Moss/Wren designer Melissa Coker interview HERE

1 comment: