Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Topanga Blues

This past Sunday I went with a group of girlfriends to the best kept secret in Los Angeles...the Topanga Canyon Blues Festival! Tucked away in the woods is this hidden magical gem that makes you feel like you just walked into the 60's....totally overstimulated with the lush botanical gardens, the smell of 'real' BBQ, local clothing vendors, cowboy hats, the quaintness of the venue with wooden stadium seating....and last but not least the CROWD! We were definitely the youngest people there. Watching the older folks dance completely care free with huge smiles and tie dyed clothing was beyond entertaining :) We scored the best seats in the house, meaning we were right in front of the stage hippie style with blankets and pillows spread out....no stadium seats for us!
So glad I didn't miss out and already can't wait for next year!
(Wore my BB Dakota maxi skirt with a bralette/tank top to keep cool in the heat...and give myself a better chance of getting a tan...thought the boots were appropriate with the rustic canyon vibe)

Ended the day in Malibu for sunset drinks on the ocean...one more reason to love So-Cal!


6 comments:

  1. love all the outfits!!
    romwe giveaway on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like sooo much fun!! Kind of like this tucked away forgotten about music festival. Super secret! I love it. And I love your outfit. Definitely perfect for a music festival. Your bralette top is so cute too. I think I'm going to make myself some different ones for this summer. I think they would be pretty easy to make. :) Glad you had fun and I bet watching the "older" folks was entertaining! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving those boots with the skirt, great photos!
    stylishedforever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have always wanted to go to the topanga canyon days ... it is so close to me ! glad you had fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waouh this festival looks great and make me feel to want to go in LA... ^^ what a lucky girl you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderfullest moments. now, i can follow Neil Young impressions in his "Hippie" Documentary, mainly the parts of Topanga Canyon. I should turn my record player on today...
    famous pictures, i like it much!

    ReplyDelete