Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mellow Yellow

Challenge: how to make a St. John Knits houndstooth pencil skirt not look like typical conservative 'St. John'. (I worked in textile design for the brand years ago, and this skirt is one of the few remaining pieces I still have hanging in my closet). Lucky for me it also happens to be yellow, putting me on the yellow trend map that's happening this Spring. Adding a vintage belt and a worn in tee was the answer to making everything more edgy to feel normal...mission accomplished.
(skirt- St. John Knits; t-shirt-urban outfitters; belt- vintage; booties- shoemint; bag- Miu Miu)

2 comments:

  1. I love that skirt! And yellow. My favorite color. I like how you downplayed the girliness of the skirt. That bag is fabulous too! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! perfect skirt!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete